WTQT Power 106.1 FM – Baton Rouge’s 24 Hour FM Gospel Radio Station
We need your help
WTQT 106.1 FM is owned by the Louisiana Community Development Capital Fund, Inc. a 501(c)3) organization. WTQT is dedicated to fighting for the civil rights of people with a 24 hour gospel music format.
We need your help to continue spreading the message and supporting our communities. Your donations will assist in covering the daily operating cost, and upgrading the On-Air and production studios of the radio station, as well as, a legal defense fund. Thank you in advance for your contributions.
- Charles McGee, A Pioneering Tuskegee Airman Fighter Pilot, Has Died At 102by Keenan "HIGz" Higgins on January 19, 2022 at 1:50 am
Charles McGee, one of the prestigious gentlemen of the Tuskegee Airmen who fought bravely in World War II, passed away recently at the age of 102 peacefully in his sleep at home in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Elderly Black Woman Exonerated After Spending 27 Years in Prison For Niece’s Murderby Keenan "HIGz" Higgins on January 18, 2022 at 11:36 pm
A 74-year-old Black woman named Joyce Watkins can attest to being wrongfully convicted of a crime she didn’t commit only to be exonerated after spending over two-and-a-half decades behind bars.
- Cleveland Browns Defensive Tackle Malik McDowell Arrested, Accused of Attacking Policeby 93.1 WZAK on January 18, 2022 at 6:07 pm
Police say they encountered McDowell after receiving a call about a naked man walking near a Florida learning center.
- LA Thieves Loot Freight Trains To Steal Packages From UPS, FedEx & Amazonby Fisher Jack on January 18, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Some thieves are going back to the old Wild West-style train robberies outside both the busy ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, delaying retail shipments of items like at-home COVID-19 tests, fishing lures plus parcels from Amazon, REI and UPS.
- Cremated Remains Of 89 People Found Inside Bags At Ohio Churchby Ny MaGee on January 18, 2022 at 4:56 pm
An Ohio pastor is being investigated by police for running multiple illegal funeral businesses across the state. He is now facing a slew of new charges after investigators uncovered the remains of 89 people in boxes and bags at his abandoned church in Akron.
- Two people made it out of home that caught on fire Tuesday afternoonby Logan Cullop on January 18, 2022 at 7:14 pm
BATON ROUGE – Two people were home when a house on July Street caught on fire Tuesday afternoon, according to fire officials.Baton Rouge Fire Department said the house caught on fire shortly before 2:45 p.m. and smoke was billowing from the attic when firefighters arrived.Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the home, and no neighboring houses were affected.Fire officials said they are unsure how the fire started. Permalink| Comments
- Louisiana officials launch new task force to tackle state’s litter problemby Bess Casserleigh on January 18, 2022 at 6:21 pm
BATON ROUGE – A massive, decades-old pile of trash hidden behind the Burden Botanical Gardens off Essen is no longer the city’s dirty little secret after it served as the meeting place for several state officials Tuesday.The governor, lieutenant governor, East Baton Rouge mayor-president, and other community advocates announced a new task force dedicated to eradicating the state’s litter problem.”I don’t know that in my lifetime the problem with litter has ever been worse than it is right now. […]
- Armed robber attacked elderly man outside his home, left him beaten and boundby Jeremy Krail on January 18, 2022 at 5:17 pm
HOLDEN – An elderly man was jumped by armed assailant on his property and robbed at gunpoint before being left tied up at his own home. The Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office said the attack happened around 8 p.m. Monday along LA 441 in Holden. The 87-year-old victim told investigators he was outside his home when the masked person confronted him.The victim was attacked and forced to hand over his money and valuables before being tied up. The attacker left the property in the victim’s […]
- Brown DT McDowell arrested in Fla. in attack on officerby Associated Press on January 18, 2022 at 4:59 pm
CLEVELAND (AP) — Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Malik McDowell, who was given a second chance by the team after serving jail time, was arrested Monday in Florida on charges of beating a police officer and public exposure.Police in Deerfield Beach, Florida, said they were responding to a “naked male walking near a school” when an officer approached McDowell, who was sitting on a curb, according to the arrest report. The officer said McDowell stood up, uttered an […]
- Arrest made in deadly domestic shooting from early Decemberby Logan Cullop on January 18, 2022 at 4:18 pm
BATON ROUGE – Police detectives and U.S. Marshals arrested a man suspected of killing someone in December.Baton Rouge Police Department said 26-year-old Jecody Spann was arrested in connection with the murder of 25-year-old Brandon Williams.Officers said Williams was arguing with Spann before it turned violent. Williams was found dead at an apartment complex on Lobdell Boulevard near North Ardenwood Drive on Dec. 8.Spann was booked for second-degree murder and illegal use of weapons.Permalink| […]
Love From Listeners
At WTQT Power 106.1 FM, we find it good to acknowledge what our listeners have to say about the job we’re doing!
I listen to WTQT every day while driving around. I’m a traveling salesman so I’m in the car a lot. Nothing keeps you going like some good ole gospel tracks. Praise God for this station.
I listen to this station on my drive home every day. It’s a mix of Gospel and contemporary Christian songs and I love it.
WTQT gives me life every morning and on my drive home every day! I would be lost and spiritually drained without it!